The New York City Marathon takes place on Nov. 6 and is a big event for the city. The marathon makes it’s way through all five boroughs and attracts about two and a half million spectators. The New York Road Runners, have created the Mobile Spectator app that can be used on iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones to track the runners.
You can try out the basic app or you can purchase premium content for $2.99 that will give you the ability to track up to 10 nonelite runners. If you don’t have a smart phone, you can use TrackMyRunners for free via the web, which will be available on race day.
The Mobile Spectator App will be released on October 28.
- Track up to 10 runners simultaneously
- Search for runners by name, bib numbers or teams
- Interactive course map
- Exciting games and contests
- Spectator points of interests
- For Android, iPhone, and iPad