The 9/11 Memorial at the World Trade Center site was created in remembrance of those who lost their lives in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. The museum honors the victims as well as those who risked their lives to save others during these tragic times. Monumental artifacts will be on display along with narration of personal stories about the historical events that took place.
The 9/11 Memorial features two enormous waterfalls and reflecting pools, each about an acre in size, set within the footprints of the twin towers.
Millions of visitors are expected to visit the site in the first year of operation. During the interim period in which the 9/11 Memorial’s visitor capacity is affected by surrounding construction projects, a temporary timed reservation system will be used.
In order to visit the memorial you must reserve a pass in advance to gain entry. This can be done online or by visiting the preview site located on 20 Vesey Street. You must arrive early (suggested time 10am) as there is a limited amount of passes. Admission is free
Hours of operation:
From September 12, 2011 – January 8, 2012
Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays, 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Last entry at 7:00 p.m.
The 9/11 Memorial is located at the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan. Visitors can access the Memorial by presenting their Visitor Pass at the 9/11 Memorial Entry at the northeast corner of Albany and Greenwich Streets. Map it
Directions by Subway:
• A, C, J, M, Z, 2, 3, 4, or 5 trains to Fulton Street: exit onto Fulton St. and walk west to Church St. Walk south and turn right on Thames St.
• 2 or 3 trains to Park Place: exit onto Church St. Walk south and turn right on Thames St.
• E train to World Trade Center: exit onto Church St. Walk south and turn right on Thames St.
• R train to Rector Street: exit onto Trinity Pl. Walk north and turn left on Thames St.
• 1 train to Rector Street: exit onto Greenwich St. Walk north and turn left on Albany St
Visit the 9/11 Memorial Preview Site
20 Vesey Street
New York, NY 10007